About the Recipe
Be warned - you may just consume the whole dish in one sitting.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup almond butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 generous teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 generous teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1) Preheat oven to 350%
2) Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter (grass-fed if possible) or coconut oil.
3) Add ingredients to a mixer or large bowl and mix until a smooth batter.
4) Pour the mixture into the greased dish and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.)
5) Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.
These bars are very moist, so be sure they are baked through before taking them out of the oven.
* This recipe is based on Detoxinista's Healthy Pumpkin Bars