About the Recipe
My husband is very suspicious of any healthy substitution, but even he loved this whole grain macaroni.
3 cups cooked corkscrew brown rice macaroni
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
1/8 tsp pepper
2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
13 oz. pack cream cheese softened
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1) Gently heat butter until melted. Add flour and pepper and stir until it's a smooth paste.
2) Slowly add milk, a little at a time, using a whisk to blend. Cook gently until bubbly.
3) Stir in cheddar and cream cheese until melted.
4) Stir in macaroni.
5) Turn into a greased casserole dish and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.