About the Recipe
I'm addicted to this banana bread (from Cookie & Kate). It's easy to make and oh so delicious!
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or whole wheat flour)
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (or 165 degrees C)
2) In a large bowl, beat the oil and maple syrup together. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
3) Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
4) Switch to a big wooden spoon, and stir in the flour until just combined
5) Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan
6) Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
7) Let the loaf cool for at least ten minutes. Loosen with a butter knife and carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool.
* This banana bread recipe is from Cookie & Kate. You can find variations on how to make it using different flours and sweeteners here.