About the Recipe
Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, iron, calcium, and that oh-so-important fiber - Pretty impressive for something we once grew into funny heads and laughed at!
2 cups frozen raspberries
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1) On the lowest heat, gently stir frozen raspberries in a saucepan until defrosted and broken down. Use a potato masher to help it along.
2) Add the maple syrup. (Use more if you like it sweeter.)
3) Remove from the heat and gently stir in the chia seeds.
4) Pour into a glass jar. Let cool and thicken.
5) Cover and refrigerate for up to a week
You can use white or black chia seeds, but I chose white for the raspberry jam. If I make blackberry or blueberry next time, I think I'll try it with black chia seeds: they work equally well for thickening the jam and taste the same!